Paradise Canyon Golf Resort among the top 60 out of 1,800 courses in Canada rated by Golf Digest
Lethbridge-based BlackBridge Group is the world's fourth largest private owner of space-based satellites. They also have one of the world's few high resolution, rapid-eye satellites and five other imaging satellites.
Recreation and Leisure
Lethbridge offers a variety of high quality recreational facilities and amenities for all ages, including more than 70 parks, 140 km of walking and running trails, playgrounds and sports fields dotted throughout the city.
- There are five excellent golf courses within city limits and a dozen more are accessible within a 30 minute drive.
- Lethbridge has five indoor pools including the Olympic sized Maxbell Regional Aquatic Centre at the University of Lethbridge and six indoor ice arenas including the ENMAX Centre.
- Lethbridge has extensive facilities for baseball and soccer. As well as the newly opened Community Sports Stadium with artificial turf field for football and soccer, a 400 metre track, natural practice field, track and field space and 2000 seats of bleachers.
- There are several private fitness clubs in Lethbridge and the YMCA, which is open to the public. The YWCA, University of Lethbridge, and Lethbridge College also offer fitness facilities for the whole family.
- The University of Lethbridge has the First Choice Savings Centre for Sport and Wellness, boasting first-rate equipment and facilities, including an indoor 200 metre track.
Lethbridge boasts an extensive urban parks system of more than 100 parks and natural areas – 1,740 hectares (4,300 acres) and more than 140 kilometres of paved trails for walking, running, and cycling. Some of the more popular parks in Lethbridge include:
- Helen Schuler Nature Reserve – within Indian Battle Park, offers an interpretive centre and observation areas for local wildlife.
- Indian Battle Park – along the Oldman River that bisects the city and home to much of Lethbridge’s urban forest.
- Pavan Park – on the northside along the Oldman River, natural shale trails and picnic areas.
- Popson Park – camp in the grassland along the Oldman River, walk-in campsites and fishing.
- Galt Gardens – the Central Park of Lethbridge, home to the Southern Alberta Art Gallery.
- Henderson Lake – this southside park surrounds a man-made lake. Home to the annual Rotary International Dragonboat Festival held each July.
- Nicolas Sheran Park – this Westside park around a man-made lake offers fishing, picnic areas and playgrounds, all in a quiet residential neighbourhood.
- More on Lethbridge Parks
Events and Activities
The 5,000 seat ENMAX Centre hosts world-class concerts, multicultural events, national curling tournaments, international basketball games, banquets, skating events and a major Western Hockey League franchise, the Lethbridge Hurricanes. A wide range of sporting activities are available to spectators including:
- Dragon Boat Races at Henderson Lake
- Horse Racing at Exhibition Park
- Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Intervarsity Sports – University of Lethbridge Pronghorns and the Lethbridge College Kodiaks
- Lethbridge has a full plate of familiar restaurants as well as one-of-a-kind eateries featuring traditional and ethnic menus.
- Two major movie theatres provide residents with the latest Hollywood has to offer.
- Lethbridge boasts three shopping malls with more than 200 stores, plus several power centres and a vibrant downtown. Specialty shops and markets as well as national chains and “big box” stores.
- For more information on recreation and leisure opportunities in the city, please visit: www.lethbridge.ca